- 100% Nylon
- Large zippered hand pockets are placed high so as not to interfere with a harness or pack belt
- Pertex Shield Plus provides a high level of wind and water protection with excellent breathability; waterproof/breathable rating of 20,000mm/20,000g)
- Seam sealed and zippers are waterproof, Super lightweight and highly compressible, this jacket can be stored in its built-in pocket until you need it
- The helmet-compatible hood has a bonded brim to help protect your face from the weather: adjust fit via a one-hand cinch system at the center back
- One side-seam adjustment cinch in the hem
In Nepal the monsoon season starts in mid-June and runs into September. Serious mountaineering calls for gear that is light in weight and heavy on performance attributes. The Assar satisfies these conditions with flying colors. In fact, we worked with our alpine athletes to design it. Made of Pertex Shield, a 2.5-layer laminate that’s water- and wind-resistant, breathable and super light, its fit is streamlined and the details keep in mind the “minimalist” mindset of serious climbers. The cut is long and the rear hem dips slightly for coverage in forward-leaning and overhead-reaching positions. Assar is Nepalese for both monsoon and month.